- The 23rd Psalm Series
- The Lord is my Shepherd – That’s Relationship!
- I shall not want – That’s Supply!
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures – That’s Rest!
- He leadeth me beside the still waters – That’s Refreshment!
- He restoreth my soul – That’s Healing!
- He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness – That’s Guidance!
- For His Name’s Sake – That’s Purpose
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death – That’s Testing!
- I Shall Fear No Evil – That’s Protection
- For Thou art with me — That’s Faithfulness!
- Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me – That’s Discipline
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies – That’s Hope!
- Thou annointest my head with oil – That’s Consecration!
- My cup runneth over – That’s Abundance!
- And I will dwell in the house of the Lord —–That’s Security!
- Forever – That’s Eternity!
This week, I will be starting a sermon/bible study series on the 23rd Psalm. The series will be an exposition of this beloved Psalm that has been memorized by millions. I am by no means a theologian so the language will be such that everyone should be able to read and understand without the use of a dictionary. Never liked those big 50 cent words anyway.
Most of the content is my compilation of information I have collect from various public domain sources with my comments interspersed throughout. Your comments each week are not only appreciate but requested. They encourage me by letting me know that someone is receiving a blessing by reading my posts.
Hopefully, there is something here that can be used by others to spread the Gospel of Christ. You may use these messages freely, you may modify and you may re-post. Attribution would really be appreciated but not required. The basic outline I’ll be working from is one I discovered in some old files dating back about 10 years ago. I’m not sure where I got the outline but it is an interesting way of looking at one of the best known passages of scripture. This week’s post contains just the outline. Hopefully this will get you started.